Call for Papers and Technotes
The 3DUI Symposium solicits high quality papers and technotes within the scope of 3D User Interface (3DUI). Papers (up to 8 pages) should describe original and mature research results and will typically include some evidence of the value of the research, such as a user evaluation, formal proof, or well substantiated argument. Technotes (up to 4 pages) should contain unpublished preliminary results of research or design work.
Papers and Technotes should be prepared in IEEE VGTC format submitted through the submission web site in PDF format, and will be reviewed by the program committee and external reviewers. Reviewing is double-blind. Accepted papers and technotes will be published by IEEE in the official Symposium proceedings. An International award committee will also award the best Paper and Technote.
The authors of best papers from 3DUI 2013 will be invited to submit extended versions of their work to the International Journal of Human-Computer Studies (IJHCS) and IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Graphics (IEEE TVCG).
Envisioned topics of the symposium and of the submitted works include:
- 3D input devices
- 3D displays and sensory feedback
- 3D interaction techniques
- 3D user interface metaphors
- Desktop 3D UIs
- 3D UIs for Virtual or Augmented Reality
- Evaluation methods for 3D UIs
- Biologically inspired 3D UIs
- Human perception of 3D interaction
- Collaborative 3D interaction
- Applications of 3D UI: CAD and design, architecture, historical heritage, industry, games and entertainment, education and learning, etc.
- Abstract submission due (required) - November 19, 2012
- Paper Submission due - November 27, 2012
- Author notification - December 22, 2012
- Camera-ready papers - January 10, 2013